CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:52:41 -0500
From:
David Biggs <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:

Hi Gabor,

As you said, most segmentation and tracking software assumes bright features on a dark background (or vice versa), which causes problems for DIC images.

AutoDeblur has a DIC Restoration function that converts DIC images to an optical path length representation.  The results show cells as bright features on a dark background.  You can then use with your favourite segmentation and tracking software on the resulting image sequence.  A 30 day trial of AutoDeblur and the DIC Restoration is available at www.aqi.com.

AutoQuant also has a new Cell Counting and Tracking module that is currently in beta and will be released shortly.

If anyone is interested in DIC processing, please feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
David
---
David Biggs, PhD