CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2005

Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:40:35 -0800

John,

Who is to say there is no magic in the physics of light? In the x-y
plane the PSF is described by infinities and somewhat similarly in
the z-axis, just different ones. And to see the result of these
infinities (FWHM) for the different cases one must change the
relationships of physical constructs (pinholes).

So the rules say that in making big changes in the pinholes and using
different PMTs, you excite different areas of the PMT that are
perhaps running at different temperatures affecting the metal work
function interaction and you sample a very different volume (x, y,
z)s in the source. Could be the temperature and the EMF gradients in
the different volumes being compared as well.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Mario

Mario M. Moronne, Ph.D.
NanoMed Technologies LLC