CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2005

From:
"Read, Ian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:21:05 -0700

Dear Multiphoton Enthusiasts:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the latest offering from
Spectra-Physics, a division of Newport corporation.  As you may know, the
Mai Tai laser system was the first 'one-box' tunable Ti:sapphire laser and
has become the  world's leading laser source for 2-photon imaging due to its
ease-of-use, high average power, and broadband tuning range.  As the
ultrafast technology leader, our goal at Spectra-Physics is to provide the
most user-friendly laser system without compromising performance.  The 'Mai
Tai HP' does just that.  We have built upon the already impressive Mai Tai
strengths to offer an even more impressive laser system that is perfectly
suited for the 2-photon imaging application.

Mai Tai HP has the following new features and benefits:
- 700 - 1020 nm tuning range; Access to longer wavelengths maximizes
penetration depth.
- > 2.5 W average power @ 800 nm; Higher power means deeper penetration and
allows more beams when performing multifocal imaging experiments
- > 1 W @ 700, 920 nm; Sufficient power for uncaging experiments and green,
blue, cyan fluorescent proteins.
- > 300 mW @ 1020 nm; Useable power for YFP, RFP, eGFP, citrine, etc. No
longer a need for additional lasers to reach optimum absorption of the
fluorescent proteins.  Now, you can access nearly every fluorophore commonly
used for 2-photon imaging with a single laser source.

Mai Tai HP - The first 'one-box' laser to offer more than 300 nm tuning
range!  Don't get left in the dark.  Get a Mai Tai.

For more information on this exciting new product, please contact
Spectra-Physics at 1-800-826-3639 or your local Spectra-Physics field sales
engineer.

Thank you,
Ian Read
(650) 966-5346