CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2005

From:
Jens Rietdorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:27:44 +0200

Hi Ken,

if you consider using a spinning disk variant with microlenses you might run
into problems with 2-photon excitation. I doubt the microlenses are well
corrected for IR use. You might rather take a look at the TriMScope by
LaVision
featuring a beam multiplexer and "regular" galvo scanner.
We dont experience vibration problems with our Yokogawa units, and I would not
exspect electronic noise from the disk rotor. There are issues with
synchronisation of disk and cameras, which require adjustment of the rotation
speed only possible for recent version of the Yokogawa disks.

Cheers, jens

Quoting Ken Mack <[log in to unmask]>:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know whether or not it is possible to do patch clamp onto a
> cell, and image with a spinning disk type confocal?  Does the spinning disk
> systems create any vibratiion or noise?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Ken

Dr. Jens Rietdorf