CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2006

From:
Eli Rothenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:04:52 -0500

Edith,

You can either fix the Argon, or replace it.
Argon Lasers are old technology, and I find them unreliable.
I recently bought a 50mW 488, Coherent sapphire, costs
roughly 15-11K. Replacing the tube of Inova-C Argon laser
will cost you about 8K (rough estimate).

You can contact Coherent's representative in Israel, which also represents Melles-Grio and other photonics companies

Ammo Engineering Ltd.
(03- 9239 666)
5 Odem Street P.O. Box 7156
Kiryat Matalon-Petach-Tikva, 49170
Israel

You can also try to contact Spectraphysics/Newport,
but I'm not sure if they have 488 (I think they have
473 instead). They are represented by NEW-TECH.
Tel: 03-6356650

Good luck

Eli

Eli Rothenberg, Ph.D.