CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2006

From:
CALM Head <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:22:16 +0100

I doubt very much that most commercial imaging software packages e.g.
Imaris, Volocity or Metamorph (we use in our imaging facilities beside
ImageJ) are more sophisticated than ImageJ if you want to use them for image
analysis and quantitation. The only thing the commercial softwares are
better at is the visual output. So if you are rather interested in swirling
around images in 3D and make surfaces of surface-rendered objects nice and
shiny, then you have to go the expensive way. So it all depends what you
want to achieve.

Cheers

Rolly