CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2006

From:
Melissa Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:13:52 -0700

Andrea,
We have a SPOT cam and use ImagePro Plus very happily online or offline.
It is quite versatile, and I wish we had more time to use all the tools
and applications. It is very easy to set up and run macros. We have zero
programming experience.
I didn't find the software to be pricey when you take into consideration
what your equipment costs.
Ideally, when you contact your local reps, they should be pretty
helpful. You can send them some images and describe applications you
would be interested in, and they can send the rendered images back
demonstrating what the programs could do.
MediaCy also has upgrades and tech support available on their website.
If it turns out that ImageJ suits your needs just as well after the
comparison, then you are all set!

Good luck,
Melissa