CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2006

From:
Tino Jäger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:57:16 +0100

Hi and thanks for the responses!

Let me explain again my question.

I try to find a tool for the following question:
I wonder if in a pain-model I use a subset of neurons is depolarized.
To patch the cells would influence the resting membrane potential of the
neurons.
Therefore I got the idea to stain the slice with some fluorescence dye
and to see (e.g. by the fluorescence intensity) if there is a subset of
neurons with a more positive resting potential.
(I do not need to record voltage changes upon stimulation at that point).

Are DI8-ANNEPS or DI4-ANEPPDHQ etc applicable to answer my questions?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Tino

--
Dr. Tino Jäger