CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2007

From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:35:22 +1300

If you assume the on-rate is diffusion limited and the off rate given
then by the Kd (koff/kon), is the change in rate of rise consistent with
the expected change in kinetic properties? Note that the time constant
of response of the dye is = (kon.Ca + koff). In cardiac cells, I would
say that the reduced rate of rise is probably due to the time it takes
for diffusion to occur through the (restricting) nuclear memrane (i.e.
Fick's first law of diffusion).

Hope this helps,

Mark Cannell