CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2007

From:
Gabriel Lapointe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:06:18 -0400

I used cell stored at -80 that were more than 1 year old without
problem. There is indeed a decrease in viability but nothing that
persisted for more than one split. However it is a well known fact that
a canister full of liquid nitrogen is less likely to fail during a power
shortage or having a compressor malfunction.

Gabriel