CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2007

Sender:
From:
Mario Moronne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 13:24:27 -0700

Dear Vitaly,

I just received your P.S. Were you kidding? I did start a reply about
using 2-D electron diffraction quality crystals, surface packing and
orientation problems, and the effects of surface charge and surface
polarity effects on dipole orientation. Some of these factors would
affect quantum efficiency, intermolecular quenching, etc. even if you
meant um and not nm.

So joke or not, what is the radius of the GFP construct you were
considering? I have conjugated fluorescent antibodies to micron sized
lithographically produced silicon particles.

Anyway....

>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Dear List,
>
>I would greatly appreciate any reference to the study on the
>intermolecular self-quenching of commonly used fluorescent proteins,
>e.g. CFP, GFP, YFP, mRFP1 etc.
>The proteins are expected to be immobilized on the glass surface at
>different spacing intervals (1 nm, 2 nm, 3 nm, 4 nm apart and so on).
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Vitaly
>
>NCI-Frederick,
>301-846-6575