CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2007

Sender:
From:
Rainer Kohler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 10:50:56 -0400

Hi,

I wander what the x-y resolution is when the pixel size is the limiting factor?
Is it 2-3 times the pixel size in x-y?

What is the resolution along the z-axis if I collect image stacks?

I do low magnification imaging of mice with a laser scanning
microscope using a 4x objective with N.A of 0.16 and  wavelength
around 650 nm.
Pixel size is 5.4 micro meter because we need the large field of view.
Airy disc size is about 2.5 micro meter.

Rainer

--
Rainer Kohler, Ph.D
Microscopist

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.