CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 14:54:52 -0500
7bit
From:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Aryeh,

yes, in my hands mYFP-mRFP1 was giving weaker (ca. 10-fold as to mCeFP-mYFP)
but readily detectable signal in sensitized FRET measurements according to
Gordon et al. (1998). In contarst to mCherry, mRFP1 is not tagged with
GFP-derived peptides.

Lily, if you have time and enjoy drinking Champagne afterwards, go ahead and
make the mCherry more "viable", shorter at the N-terminus. I will give you
the hinge sequnce on the basis of limited confidentiality.

Cheers,

Vitaly