CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:12:25 +0800
7bit
Sender:
From:
Shalin Mehta <[log in to unmask]>

Dear List,

 I posted an example of N=1 experiment and N=1 information!!.. Sorry for that.
After Prof. George pointed out why Tetraspeck beads may not be QDs
(see below), I acquired spectrum again by lowering the excitation
wavelength a bit (740nm as compared to 760nm in earlier case).If they
are made up of QDs they will show roughly the same spectrum as in
earlier case - (of course, assuming newer tetraspeck beads may be made
up of QDs). This time instead of peaks with increasing intensity (from
blue to yellow to red) , I see plateu with small peaks in blue -
yellow and strong peak in red.

So Sarah,

 The emission of tetraspeck beads depends on excitation. You have got
to measure individually for each excitation. I think best people are
from Invitrogen if you want to see if the emission peaks of tetraspeck
will match the peaks of your fluorophores.

Thanks Prof. George!!

Regards
Shalin