CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:40:54 -0600
7bit
From:
"B. Prabhakar Pandian" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Fred:
                  We went through a purchase of an inverted automated
stage for our microscope couple of months. We ended up buying Ludl
BioPrecision2 with linear encoders for better accuracy.
We did look at Prior and  Marzhauser Wetzlar.  But ultimately liked
Ludl. You should ask them  for demo and look at your needs and then decide.

Software support is also important to control the stage correctly.

-Prabhakar

Fred E. Indig, Ph.D. wrote:
> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear Microscopists,
>
> We are considering the purchase of an automated XY stage for our
> non-confocal microscope. It is important for us to be able to return
> (at a different occasion) to the same precise area of the slide that
> we had viewed, using the XY co-ordinates.
>
> The vendor has recommended LUDL. Has anyone any positive or negative
> comments on the current products of Ludl? Can anyone recommend an
> automated XY stage made by a different company?
>
> Please contact me directly if that is more convenient.
>
> Thank you,
> Fred

B. Prabhakar Pandian
CFD Research Corporation