CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:33:58 +1000

What are the beads mountd in?  If it's not water the
problem is probably spherical aberration.  Even if
it is water you'll need to adjust the correction collar
to match your coverslip (setting it to the nominal
value is most probably not good enough).

By eye, not in confocal, adjust the ring till you
see identical out of focus images above and below
focus.  Then try the XZ series again.

                                                          Guy