CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
Nico Stuurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 00:50:02 -0400

The ability to switch these lasers on and off through a serial interface and
also to set its power is quite interesting and makes me wonder whether this
can be used to shutter this light source in biological imaging.

How quickly after sending a 'laser on' signal does the laser reach its
preset output power?
Is it feasible to switch these lasers on and off up to a number of times per
second?
Do such switching operations affect the lifetime of the laser?
How fast does the laser respond to a request to change output power?
How stable is the laser directly after a command changing output power?

Thanks for the info!