CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
"W. Chan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:47:45 -0700

That's very strange.  The beads are suspended in deionized water with
sodium azide so one would not expect that a dilution could damage them.
I usually just vortex the tube, spread the beads on the coverslip straight
out of the tube, air dried and mounted in glycerol.  The prep will have
clusters but enough singles to work on, and usually last over a year.  I
did see some serious leaching if I mounted them in Nikon immersion oil.
These are beads from the sampling kit (T7284).

--
Pang (Wai Pang Chan, [log in to unmask], PAB A087, 206-685-1519)
The Biology Imaging Facility (http://staff.washington.edu/wpchan/if/)