CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
Sven Terclavers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:14:37 +0200

I would suggest to use a polarization filter on a wide-field microscope.
We've been using polarizing microscopy always for collagen staining, since
for analysis it's important to distinguish the different types of collagen
by color.  Confocal microscopy will be a very hard job (if not as good as
impossible?) to obtain nice images of these staining, but a good polarizing
filter will give you an amazing image of the Masson staining, which can be
than easily (and nicely) merged with a normal image of the ammonium-silver
staining.

Sven Terclavers