CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
Kathryn Spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 15:41:35 -0700

Hello all;
	We are leaning toward the purchase of the Hamamatsu EMCCD
camera. Would anyone be able to share their experience/recommendations
for this camera? We do long-term live-cell timelapse microscopy,
Yokogawa spinning disk, one frame/ 10 min, usually at 60-100x with 1.5x
Optovar, looking at very tiny dendritic spines, labeled with eGFP and
mCherry. However, we also look at lower magnification (10-20x) cell
migration and cell spreading, one frame every 5 seconds or so. Nothing
really fast (less than 1 second). We like the small(ish) pixel size, but
also the ability to keep our exposure times short to keep the cells
happy.
	Thank you for any comments you can provide about this camera.
	Kathy