CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2007

From:
Charles Blaha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:29:47 -0500

Hey everyone..this is my first time using this server.  I am a new research
assistant working in the department of bioengineering at Stanford
University and I have a few questions regarding Microscope Stage
Incubators.

My group plans to study live corneal epithelial cell migration and
proliferation (and possibly other cell characteristics) on transparent
hydrogels over a period of 1 to 4 days.  We plan to use 10 ro 20x
objectives so it will be a long working distance.  As an undergrad, I
performed live cell imaging with a microscope stage incubator on a leica
microscope, so I have some experiene in the area. I am in charge of
determining which microscope stage incubator is best for our application.
We have a Nikon TE300 with an Applied Scientific Instruments MS-2000
stage.

There appears to be two different microscope stage incubation systems: hood
incubators and stage incubators.  I have spoken to a variety of companies
with conflicting recommendations, although I am leaning towards a Stage
incubator from OKO-labs.  Any suggestions if a hood or a stage incubator is
better?  Has anyone had success or been disapointed with certain companies
hoods or stage incubators?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

Charles Blaha M.S.