CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
Jacqui Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:14:47 +1300

Hi Tomo,

Our university biological safety officer requires that all pathogenic
specimens be contained. Therefore, we always have these types of
specimens under a sealed coverslip, i.e. no direct contact with the
objective lens, etc. Obviously, this isn't perfect but it does minimise
the risks. We do have a few people imaging biofilms in this way.

I should mention that at the moment, all our confocal systems are on
upright stands.

Kind regards,

Jacqui

Jacqueline Ross