CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2008

From:
Dale Callaham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:52:03 -0500

Hi Graham,

I know that there are some packages specifically for this, but my
facility has successfully used a wiki to handle this. Our "reservations"
wiki is at:

https://bcrc.bio.umass.edu/phpwiki/index.php/CentralMicroscopy

I believe it is viewable by the public, but login is required to edit pages.

I don't manage the server - it is hosted on a server in a different
department, but I think wiki software is popular and well known to IT
people who should be able to help you. I make it a policy to get out of
as much unnecessary tasks as possilble.......

It gives us a calendar, ability to see notes people may leave on the
instrument status, etc. The wiki keeps a revision history - we have used
this only a couple of times when people "replaced" an existing
reservation. And it is very flexible.

Cheers!

Dale Callaham
Umass Amherst