CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:21:14 -0700
From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:

Sarah,
Check out the SVI website, www.svi.nl or contact them for information
on their 2D deconvolution. there are some tips regarding setting the
z-thickness, etc.  a 2D is treated as a seriously truncated volume
and will use a PSF.  I would think that if the PSF is similarly
truncated, then a calculated PSF might be more accurate.  In case of
the latter, you may need to measure the refractive index of your
samples.
Glen

Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

******
The box said "Requires WindowsXP or better", so I bought a Macintosh.
******