CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:30:00 +0900
From:
Mizuho Shimizu <[log in to unmask]>

Dear List,

Please let me clarify CSUX1 filter requirements.

As for emission filters, you can use any commercailly available emission filters of 25mm diameter as long as they have appropriate wavelength range and enough blocking capability.

However, the dichroic (dichromatic) mirrors for the CSU heads(all CSU10/22/X1) have reverse charcteristics from those used for standard microscope.
Please imagine the location of the dichroic mirror in the CSU scanners, which is placed between the microlens array and pinhole array at about 45 degree angle.  The excitation laser beamlets focused by the  the microlens will pass through the dicroic mirror and then go through the pinholes.  The emission light goes back the light path to the pinholes then reflrcted by the dichroic mirror to reach at the detector(CCD camera).  So, please only use specific dichroic mirrors for the CSU heads.  Also, the thichness of the dichroic mirrors should be 0.5 mm +/- 0.02mm(0.01mm is more desirable) for optimal light efficiency.

Please always feel free to directly contact Yokogawa for any questions.

Best regards,

Mizuho Shimizu
Mizuho Shimizu
CSU Business Development Group
BIO Center
Life Science Business Headquarters
Yokogawa Electric Corporation
2-3 Hokuyodai, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa
920-0177 JAPAN
Phone: +81-76-258-7028  Fax: +81-76-258-7029
 http://www.yokogawa.co.jp/SCANNER/english/index_e.html