CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:10:13 -0400
7bit
From:
Dan Osborn <[log in to unmask]>

Beat,
	You are correct, and you really do not have to worry about any spectral
shift of the angled filter(s) as you would only need a very small tilt to
successfully "walk" the reflected light out of the light path.  One engineer
suggested 1-2 degrees of relative off normal angle would do the trick, and
that would not appreciably shift the interference coatings performance.
Only drawback would be if the scattered light managed to find its way around
the filter and into the optical path.

Dan

Dan Osborn
Fluorescence Microscopy Product Manager
Omega Optical, Inc.
Delta Campus
Omega Drive
Brattleboro, VT 05301
Phone: Direct line: (802) 251-7305  or Toll Free: (866)-488-1064
Fax: 802-254-3937
Email: [log in to unmask] < mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.omegafilters.com <http://www.omegafilters.com>

Please stop by to see us at any of the following events:<?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Photonics Europe <https://www.omegafilters.com/index.php?page=news_events> ,
Palais de la Musique et de Congres, Strasbourg, France April 8 - 10, 2008
FOM <https://www.omegafilters.com/index.php?page=news_events> , Osaka, Awaji
Island, Japan; April 13 - 16, 2008
ISAC <https://www.omegafilters.com/index.php?page=news_events> , Budapest
Sportarena,Budapest, Hungary; May 17 - 21, 2008