CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:48:02 +0100
8bit
From:
Michael Weber <[log in to unmask]>

Matt,

do you mean detector voltage or gain? Which system are we talking about?

Regarding the photomultiplier and the influence of detector voltage, this
might be of interest:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photomultiplier

The offset, to my understanding, is just a threshold that defines which is
the lowest intensity that will be displayed. So ideally the lowest signal
should be placed on the first intensity level (1).

Michael