CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

Sender:
From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 19:35:50 -0500

Hi Doug,

ImageJ (most current version) with Bio-Format. I recommend MBF ImageJ
bundle,
http://www.macbiophotonics.ca/imagej/installing_imagej.htm
especially since they added the LOCI Bio-Formats.

Bio-Formats (http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html) supports
pretty much all the confocal microscope software file formats (in
table at bottom of page, #32 is .stk, #54 is LSM510), though I'm not
sure any combination of checkboxes will result in an image that looks
like the original software's display (i.e. a 4 channel expt displayed
in its original colors).

Zeiss recently released ZEN LE (check their web site) - it has
minimal features, works best on 24" or longer monitor.

George

At 08:24 AM 2/29/2008, Bowman, Doug wrote:
>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Hi all,
>
>(I have searched through the archives without finding any recent posts)
>
>Does anyone know of a basic (and free) image viewing software capable of
>viewing 8, 16, and 24bit images?  A bonus would be 3D tif (.stk, .lsm)
>support.  I know Zeiss distributes Axiovision LE free of charage, but
>this is a large install with lots of unnecessary extras for only viewing
>images.
>
>We already have many Metamorph licenses, but I'd like to give individual
>user's the ability to view images on their desktop.
>
>Thanks,
>Doug

George McNamara, Ph.D.
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
Image Core
Miami, FL 33010
305-243-8436 office
http://home.earthlink.net/~pubspectra/