CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:19:02 -0800
From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

All of the Alexa fluor conjugates have a tendency to stick non-
specifically via charge interactions of the anionic dye moiety.  the
Image-iT fx does helps greatly, especially in thick samples.

In regard to using the blue fluorophores for the more prominent
targets in the tissue, the human visual system is only weakly
responsive to blue wavelengths and lacks blue-sensitive cones in the
fovea, the region of greatest visual acuity.  In general, if the
smallest or rarest bits get the green, red or gray channel, they are
noticeable with less histogram manipulation than if the smallest bits
are viewed in the blue channel.

    Regards,
Glen

Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

******
The box said "Requires WindowsXP or better", so I bought a Macintosh.
******