CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:44:41 +1100
From:

I think we'd need to be told a whole lot more -
what the dye was, what the bandpass was, etc.
A mercury lamp has very powerful spectral lines,
so (especially in the green) the measured power
is not spread across the spectral range but
concentrated at one wavelength.  If this happens
to hit a particular transition the effect on the
fluorochrome could be different from excitation
by a broad band.

                                       Guy

Optical Imaging Techniques in Cell Biology
by Guy Cox    CRC Press / Taylor & Francis
    http://www.guycox.com/optical.htm
Associate Professor Guy Cox, MA, DPhil(Oxon)
Electron Microscope Unit, Madsen Building F09,
University of Sydney, NSW 2006
Phone +61 2 9351 3176     Fax +61 2 9351 7682
Mobile 0413 281 861
     http://www.guycox.net