CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:51:24 +0200
From:
Dan White <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:

Hi Venkat,

If you have lots of money,
Imaris and Volocity are very good.

If you are looking for an open source free solution that you can even
help in the development of,
try

http://www.BioimageXD.net   (mac version has some issues in movie
making which are now fixed for the next release,
but the windows version has been working reliably in the latest
release.)

also  imageJ  can make 3D movies, if you can write a bit of macro
language or even Java.

cheers

Dan

On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:00 AM, CONFOCAL automatic digest system wrote:

> Date:    Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:56:55 -0400
> From:    Venkat <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Movie making software
>
> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear all,
>
>    Can anyone recommend some good movie making softwares? We would
> want
> to make movies and be able to tweak the movies using images acquired
> from our confocal microscopes. Thanks for all your help in advance.
>
> Best,
> Venkat

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy Facility
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

New Mobile Number!!!

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net
http://www.chalkie.org.uk