CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:37:19 -0400
From:
"MODEL, MICHAEL" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Judy: They use a formula to convert RGB to gray intensities. I am
not sure what this formula is, but it takes into account weighted
contributions from each channel. So if you have pure red (255) and
nothing else in an RGB image and convert it into an 8-bit gray you get
an intensity not 255 but only 85 (which tells you, by the way, the Red
comes with coefficient 0.3).

Michael Model, Ph.D.
Confocal Microscopy Core
Dpt. Biological Sciences