CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:57:16 +0200
From:
Patrick Van Oostveldt <[log in to unmask]>
To: Judy Trogadis <[log in to unmask]>

Hye all,

There is a lot if good information about that subject in the microscopy site.

http://www.microscopyu.com/articles/digitalimaging/colorbalance.html

John Russ, is also a man with lot of practical experience in this
field. He wrote a book on Image processing and several good reviews on
color photography.

Bye,

Patrick Van Oostveldt

Quoting Judy Trogadis <[log in to unmask]>:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> I have a simple question, related to an annoying problem.
>
> I have an image of a multilabelled fluorescent specimen, displayed
> as a merged RGB image. I would like to analyze just the red channel,
>  so I split the channels and obtain B & W images of the individual
> component. They all look as bright as the original.
>
> However, if I only have a single red image and would like to convert
>  it to a B & W image (change mode RGB to grey), for 8-bit analysis
> in  ImageJ, for example, the resulting image is very dull and
> fainter.  Furthermore, this effect is much more dramatic with a red
> image than  with a green image.
>
> What is happening?
> Thanks,
> Judy