CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

Sender:
From:
Steven Bourke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:19:47 -0400

A quick question,

As per the majority of users there is more than one manufactures scope in
our lab and I have a memory that certain manufactures lens can be used on
more than one scope. Is this still correct or have they all now different
thread pitch etc etc

I guess the other option is to have an adapter collar made which will
provide the required flexibility.

The reason I ask I'm in the process of getting a 4X/5X objective and can't
seem to find what I want with Zeiss.

(As an aside)What is the lists experience on low mag objectives with upright
scopes for fluorescent whole tissue imaging. Olympus offer a 2X/4X with the
option of dipping cover and feedback from users.

Many thanks

Steve Bourke
Smooth Muscle Research Center
DKIT