CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

Sender:
From:
Sarah Aubut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:54:22 -0400

Hello,

I have been using a kit from Immunochemistry technologies, LLC, it is the
Poly-Caspases FLICA kit, and is supposed to detect active caspases in fixed
cells, but I have also tried using it in living cells. Unfortunately, I have
not been able to develop a positive control. I'm working with a spruce
budworm cells line, Cf203, and I have had trouble inducing apoptosis that is
detected by this kit. It seems that most people who have published data
through the use of this kit have used FACS, and not fluorescence microscopy.
So in other words, I haven't found a successful way to detect caspases!
I have also tried detecting apoptosis through the use of a phosphatidyl
serine antibody, and have had some success here. This I have only done in
fixed cells.

I would be interested in any other information about possible methods of
detecting apoptosis!

Sarah Aubut
Cell Biologist, Microscopy Suite
Canadian Forestry Service