CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2008

From:
Kevin Braeckmans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:22:44 +0200

Dear Jan,

As you have indicated, when opening up the pinhole the resolution is
determined by the laser beam only. Laterally, your focused laser beam will
have a resolution of approx. 250nm. Following Nyquist, the pixel size should
indeed be about 100 to 110 nm. So, everything seems to be fine.

Best regards,

Kevin