CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2008

From:
ian gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:29:31 +0930

That's right, Gabor.

We have an SP5 with a dual channel FCS unit attached. The version we
have was supplied by Leica and is made by ISS. The Leica software has a
pretty good FCS "wizard" that manages the interface between the Leica
and the ISS gear, which is run off a second computer. After a very
shakey start, it now works well.

I think it would be possible to put your own FCS unit on the external
port and control the lightpath selection, scan parameters manually, but
you'd need to check, I reckon.

IAN

On Wednesday, June 18, 2008, at 03:18  PM, Csucs Gabor wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear Jean-Pierre,
>
> I've do direct experience with an SP5 but we have a functional FCS
> setup on an SP2. As far as I know in this respect there is no
> difference between the SP2 and the SP5. There is simply an external
> port on the confocal head-where you can insert your detector. As far
> as I know you can purchase an FCS unit also from Leica. One of the
> advantages if you do this, that you can use the APD-s for imaging and
> their sensitivity is superior compared to the PMT-s.
>
> Cheers    Gabor
>
> --
> Gabor Csucs Light Microscopy Centre, ETH Zurich
> Schafmattstrasse 18, HPM F16 CH-8093, Zurich, Switzerland
>
> Web: www.lmc.ethz.ch
> Phone: +41 44 633 6221
> Fax: +41 44 632 1298
> e-mail: [log in to unmask]