CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
Stanislav Vitha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:09:14 -0600
Some time ago I used XCOSM   http://www.essrl.wustl.edu/~preza/xcosm/
under linux (with graphical user interface), and also in command-line mode on
a Windows machine with cygwin installed.
I did not do any extensive tests, for my few samples I was quite satisfied with
the results. The best algorithm (Expectation Maximization) has very slow
convergence, so you need hundreds or thousands of iterations (= a lot of
time).
I liked the results better than those from the commercial AutoDeblur v. 9.2
package (Blind deconvolution), but on the other hand, there the deconvolution
took about 1/10th of the time.

Sincerely,
Stan Vitha

Microscopy and Imaging Center,