CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
Adrian Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:49:16 +1100
Dear all,

I've been looking at establishing some QC procedures for our new
confocal. Browsing through the Invitrogen/Molecular Probes handbook I
can see several bead product lines that look interesting (eg
FocalCheck, TetraSpeck, InSpeck, PS-Speck).

Before I try to work out which products in particular look most useful
(from the sometimes bewildering array of options) and then order what
are relatively expensive reagents I'm interested to hear peoples'
experiences with these products.

I'm sure there are other companies making similar products and I know
there are completely different approaches to QC as well so any and all
suggestions are most appreciated.

Regards,

Adrian Smith
Centenary Institute, Sydney, Australia