CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
"Armstrong, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:53:19 -0800
Hi Jon, the pollen grains will fluoresce nicely and are cheap and easy
to make. You can get plastic fluorescent slides from Chroma for free
which are good for maintenance/QC. In my opinion the Molecular Probes
slides are expensive, but well worth it. I have imaged that slide a
thousand times! It always gets a "wow" from the trainee. Pollen grains
are boring! (unless maybe you explode them with your 2P laser).

We have a Zeiss LSM310 Confocal for sale! Let me know if you want to
discuss the particulars.
Cheers,

Brian D Armstrong PhD
Light Microscopy Core Manager