CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2008

From:
Rosemary White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:46:07 +1100
Hi Colin,
The only thing I'd add to what Carl and Glen have covered is a service
contract or extended warranty on the confocal.  We've had a full extended
warranty on our SP2 since purchase in 2000, and it has covered replacement
of two lasers, a motherboard in the scanhead, motorized stage, several
x-galvos (when they went through a flakey stage), other minor glitches  and
annual maintenance visits.  The systems may be more stable now, but we think
this was well worth it.

my 1c (2 Aussie c)
Rosemary