CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2009

Sender:
From:
James Pawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:28:40 -0600
7BIT
Hi all,

Well, over 3 weeks of Obama World and we can still be hopeful.

Despite all the economic gloom, applications for the 14th UBC 3D
Live-Celll Course continue to come in, and participation by the
manufacturers remains strong.

  In fact, I have just heard that, rather than sending the multi-beam,
swept-field system that they sent last year, Prairie Technologies
will be sending their 2-photon system in 2009. This will be a real
help because it  has been a while since we had a modern 2-photon
system available for the 14 student labs.

We also expect functioning 3D Workstations from the other
manufacturers that have supported us down the years as reported at
http://www.3dcourse.ubc.ca/2009/public.php?page=companies

Hope to see you at UBC.

Jim Pawley

Prof. James B. Pawley,                		   Ph.  608-263-3147
Room 223, Zoology Research Building,                         FAX  608-262-9083
250 N. Mills St., Madison, WI, 53706  [log in to unmask]
"A scientist is not one who can answer questions but one who can
question answers."  Theodore Schick Jr., Skeptical Enquirer, 21-2:39
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd: Voltaire