CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2009

Sender:
From:
Carl Boswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:19:23 -0700
We have been having a chronic problem with the image quality (S/N,
resolution) of DAPI stained nuclei using a Zeiss 510 Meta.  The quality
seems to decay over time (months) and pinhole/collimator tuning doesn't make
things right.  We have had the AOM replaced once but the problem eventually
returned.  We now have to use 100% 405 laser, rather than 10% to get
anything close to good images.  Is there something about the AOM stability
in this light path, or alignment issues with the laser that others have
found to result in a slow decay in usefulness of this channel?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Carl

Carl A. Boswell, Ph.D.
Molecular and Cellular Biology