CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2009

From:
Chris Tully <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 23:22:17 -0500
Sara,

I would suggest that you apply to take the AQLM (Advanced Quantitative
Light Microscopy) course, taught in early to mid June at the Marine
Biological Labs in Woods Hole, MA.  About a 3 hour bus ride from
Boston.  AQLM is a ten day intensive course covering both theoretical
and practical aspects of optical microscopy from brightfield to
multiphoton confocal microscopy.  There are usually six or mor
software vendors at the course as well as the "usual suspect" from the
Microscopy vendors (i.e. Leica, Nikon, Olympus and Zeiss), plus
vendors of related hardware.  The vendors are there primarily to
suport the use of their software or hardware and to help the students
complete the hands on lab exercises.  Although I have never been a
student at AQLM, I have been there several times as industrial faculty
and highly recommend it to anyone intersted in microscopy.

Chris

Chris Tully
Microscopy and Image Analysis Expert
240-888-1021