CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:35:35 -0500
Subject:
From:
Michal Gdula <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
To: Jeremy Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Thank you for your response!

I am almost sure that our cryostate is not extremly precise, especially with
thicker cryosections. I can see this because I need to make from 90 up to 140
2d Scans to get whole cryosection (0.2 um of step between the optical
sections).
What should I expect after difference of Refractive index (RI) between
tetraspeck beads and a medium? I know the ideas behind  refraction, and
breaking of the light beam when light passes through substances with
different RI. But since I want to scan surface of the bead?
Notabene when I scan beads covered with oil (I prepared different slides
mounted with vectashield, oil and water) They appeared to be 1um smaller in
xy plane... Do you think that different RI can have anything in common with
this? Is it possible that they are soluble in oil? - some of them looked damaged

Kind regards,

Michal Gdula