CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 08:48:24 -0500
Subject:
From:
Michal Gdula <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Thank you very much for your response!
I scanned slides with 4um beads and the stretching seems to be at least 20%
of the bead. It is hard to say precisely because of blurring.
I checked beads mounted with vectasshield, water and immersion oil. The
biggest extension was in the water, and there was almost no extension in oil
(the spheres looked almost round in xz and yz). I know that it is not anything
new, but I think that it confirms that refraction index is in huge part
responsible for this aberration if not alone.

Best regards,

Michal Gdula