CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:58:38 +1000
From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Carl,

I am not totally familiar with ImageJ but i do know that what you are
asking can be done in MetaMorph. With MetaMorph you can manually set a
range of RGB, HSL or HSI values to threshold your colour image.
Alternatively you can click on the parts of the image you want
thresholded and MetaMorph will build up the range based on the examples
you give it.

In the past i have had great success thresholding brown BAD, red AEC
etc. I have not tried it on H and E but i can't see why it wouldn't
work.

So the question is i guess is there a plugin for ImageJ that can do the
same function?

I should note that i have no commercial tie to MetaMorph (or Molecular
Devices) but have been a satisfied user for the last 4 years.

Cheers

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Microscopy Manager