CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2009

From:
Sonja Hatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:17:05 +0200
Tom,

Although I have no personal experience, in our lab Rhuthenium dyes
have been used. We also gate the fluorescence and find we can use
these compounds with lifetimes around 500-800ns. We used them for
oxygen sensing in cell cultures, so there are protocols to introduce
them into cells and dark toxicity studies.

e.g. Ru(bipy), RuDPP and Ru(phen). Several compounds are available from Sigma

Sonja