CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2009

Sender:
From:
Nuno Moreno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 15:07:09 +0100
Dear All,

We run in our institute a homemade calendar for equipment reservation.
Despite of being working quite well, a persistent problem is someone
making a reservation and not showing up or using it without reservation.

I know that some already pointed out a computer login connected to
booking systems and so forth. However, this does not include equipment
not connected to a PC or mac. Does any one knows a general platform that
would send you warnings (SMS or email) if the equipment status (eg,
standby, current in power cord, temperature, etc) if working period does
not match with reservation period?

If not, who would be interested in an affordable solution for this
problem. Even better, how much would you pay for it?

Any feedback is welcome,
Nuno Moreno