CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2009

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:24:47 -0500
7bit
From:
Jerry Sedgewick <[log in to unmask]>
As Rosemary suggested, the Edmund Optics catalog has c-mount tubes with
an adapter for the objective mount, and a c-mount to t-mount that will
then attach to a Nikon or Canon mount.  In my own experience with a
non-infinity lens at 140mm from back of lens to camera chip, everything
worked well. For infinity objectives, you might be able to get away with
a 175 or 200mm focal length meniscus for the tube lens. With Edmund
Optics c-mount tubes, you may have to get adapters to include the lens
in the path (the lenses may not fit in the tube at the diameters sold).

Jerry

--
Jerry (Gerald) Sedgewick
Core Facility Director, Biomedical Image Processing Lab (BIPL)
Author: "Scientific Imaging with Photoshop: Methods, Measurement and Output."

Rawlight.com (dba "Sedgewick Initiatives")
965 Cromwell Avenue
Saint Paul, MN  55114
651-788-2261
http://www.rawlight.com